Communi is an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client used to communicate with others on IRC networks around the world.
Log in to post comments & reviews!
Is this app opensource? Best regards.
Really nice Harmattan style UI indeed. The only thing missing is copy & paste - all the basic functionality is there.
Thanks! :) I hope to be able to provide copy&paste -functionality when PR 1.2 comes around.
I really like the look and feel of this one. The highlight popup is nice. Only complaint is on encoding support. UTF-8 is pretty common these days and should be supported.
An update has been submitted to the QA review;
* Fixed encoding detection issues
* Keep VKB open after pressing "Send"
I used it with bitlbee to get a client for some chat protocols not shipped with N9. But, it seems to lack any notification mechanism, e.g. if some message arrives while the device is locked. Any chance of fixing that?
An update is on the way (QA review in progress):
- Added sound (active app) & vibra (inactive app) effects
- Added an indicator for "unseen" messages
- Made it possible to specify user name (ident) and real name
- Various minor fixes and improvements
Can it be used for msn?
Unfortunately not. It's a dedicated IRC client - not a multi-protocol chat client (and there are no plans to make it such).